Friday, March 15, 2013

Chloe and the Paper Rose

Derek: Story Time Tuesday! What do you want to talk about Brandon?

Brandon: Derek, (first off, it's Friday. But that's okay, )  let's talk about the time you gave that girl a false name at Chick-fil-A.


Derek: Perfect! Might I add Brandon, did you have a tan in this photo? There's something different about you...

Brandon: You know, it's probably because we are on a slope. Notice how I'm shorter than you in this pic. That might have affected the lighting a bit. 


Derek: Hm. Anyways, a lot of our social circuit revolves around meeting at food spots, notably, in this case, Chick-Fil-A.

Brandon: Derek is the one on the right with the big smile. Wait, what's in your hand??

Derek: I had brought a can of Old Spice: Aqua Reef for some strange reason.

Brandon: I was talking about the other hand.  

Derek: Oh that's a good story

. . . . (awkward silence) . . . .

Brandon: Well... are you gonna tell it?

Derek: I was considering it.

Brandon: Well consider it  faster. 

Derek: Okay. So there was this cute girl at the service counter. 

Brandon: For the sake of this story, and to conceal her identity, we shall call her Chloe.

Derek: As I ordered my food, she asked for my name.

Brandon: You see where this is going? 

Derek: I'm not sure they do.

Brandon: Well, Derek couldn't just give her his name, now could he?

Derek:  No. I was Voltron that day. 

Brandon: You should have seen her face."What?"

Derek: Voltron.

Brandon: "Seriously?" she asked innocently. Derek, with the most serious face he could muster said:

Derek: Yep.

Brandon: So Chloe delivered a meal to Voltron.

Derek: The end.

Brandon: Oh no, not quite. We are just getting started.

Derek: I was afraid you'd say that....

Brandon: Derek decided we would go back sometime. We took our tan friend (as mentioned above), Kirk McDougall. Guess who was working?

Derek: Steve? Carson? Ally?

Brandon. Chloe. 

Derek: Right. I was Voltron that day.

Brandon: Way to keep up with us here, Derek. 

Voltron: Pardon?

Brandon: Um.... right. Take it from here.

Voltron: Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure. 
Once again I approached Chloe. Once again she asked for my name. Once again her eyes were beautiful. ...And I was Voltron.

Brandon: Stay on topic here, Der-- Voltman.

Voltron:  No seriously, I told her my name was Voltron. But I thought we needed to take it to the next level. And I don't mean in a romantic way. Okay, actually I do. 

Brandon: I believe this is where Jonny comes in. Jonny has a very unique way of swooning the ladies. He is more of the strong silent type. And I don't mean that in the smelly way. Jonny commenced to make a paper rose and write a love letter in the name of Voltron Xavier.

Voltron: That's right, the Third. To be exact. We gave me a last name and my Facebook life was born. 

Brandon: Oh yes, I remember that. Born on February 14th, right?

Voltron: The perfect day. 

Brandon: But that came after words. Voltron proceeded to deliver the rose to Chloe. 

Derek: Then we zoomed to Nathan's house (Nathan was mentioned in our last post), and made a Facebook page for Voltron Xavier III.

Brandon: I don't think this whole incident can be appreciated in it's full light until after watching this video:

You will notice that I had a new digital snapshot camera and had no idea it was successfully recording at first. Hence why you might be able to hear me say "is this recording??"

Derek: Also, I love the people who jump into view of the camera. It makes it hard to see me-- I mean, Voltron-- handing over the rose and the note.

Brandon: Ah, another happy landing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment